Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Four Crying Out Loud

So close to the end! Wow, everything is all jacked up tonight in the Idol studio!

Slash! He's no Buckethead.

Adam- that was yuck. I mean, if you like Adam you will like this. Also, if you like Adam, please try to explain it to me. Randy said it was rock and not Broadway. I disagree. I think it sounded very Broadway, very put on. He was trying way too hard. Kara - way to prove that you shouldn't be kicked off the show - that added nothing. And I don't like Adam's voice. At this point, I feel like it is 2004, Adam is Bush, and the voting public is still very wrong. I must say, this was one of the few times I just fast forwarded through Adam - his act is just boring now.

Allison Hirohito - Ugh, Janis Joplin. Her songs don't have melodies! She sure belted it out, though! Yeah, probably a good choice, but a bad one at the same time. I thought that was fine, but I'm now worried she won't make it until next week. Dude- she is totally about to cry here at the end while talking to Simon. I might throw her a sympathy vote just for that! Bless her heart. He was actually right though - he liked her better than the other judges, who just seem paranoid at this point that someone other than Adam will win. But yes, she should have sung something else. Also, she looked adorable with her pigtails, but tonight she looks like an old lady, even with the pink hair. It's weird.

Kris/Gokey - Our first duet- woo hoo! I like this duets thing - good idea. Plus, I am dorky enough to think when Ryan said there would be 6 songs at the beginning of the show, that every possible pairing of these 4 makes 6 songs, but it didn't work that way. I'm glad they didn't split this pair up- I'm afraid Allison and Lambert would have overpowered these two. Plus now Lambert and Allison can do this song. (Dude - Allison should have done Kiss Me Deadly!) Oooh, Renegade! Is this one of the Styx songs that just became available on RB2? I hope so! I hate to say it - I didn't know this was Styx. I do hate this song. I hate to say this, but I think Kris just got his ass handed to him by Gokey. Although I think they were both pitchy in spots, and that is the first time either of them has ever missed a note this whole season. I thought it was a close call, but I wish they would have done a better duet. (Dude - Gokey and Lambert could have done the whole I'm Growin' Hungry song, and Gokey could have done the Vedder and Lambert could have done the Cornell! That would have worked, even though the guy from Mother Love Bone would have rolled in his grave.)

Kris - And we come right back to Kris. He sure is cute. I hope he does something here. Otherwise I just don't even care who makes it until next week. OK, this is good. I like it. OK - Come Together - it is the Beatles. It is a classic. It is just, if I had to list my favorite Beatles songs in order, this probably wouldn't make the top 250. I think Simon is being too harsh! Dude - Simon gave maybe the best analogy that has ever happened - he says it is like eating ice for lunch! I'm gonna steal that.

Gokey - Tears in Heaven? Yesterday? I Miss You (Blink 182)? Oh, Dream On. I hope Gokey can pull this off. I need something cool to happen tonight. Plus I'm learning to like him. Hearing this on AI just makes me nervous. can he do it? I guess so. Yeah, I mean, I guess. I dunno. I'm sorry, did Kara just refer to Crying and Crazy as "early" Aerosmith? FAIL.

Lambert/Allison - OK, I have high hopes for this duet. It's good. I've heard better, though. I don't know what it is tonight- this show is just not awesome. Maybe my extensive RB2 playing has me biased. Chloe thinks maybe Carry On Wayward Son is what she would have sung tonight. I was think Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar. Or, that would have been good for Allison. I would have done something from Disturbed probably. Let me say - "Rock" week - it is just so broad, so many to choose from. I don't agree with the picks tonight at all - too easy, or too boring. Too much 70s rock - all those 70s rock songs have been overplayed and are just not exciting or interesting anymore. Slow Ride just isn't gonna be something that anyone is excited to hear. Pick something and make it special, don't just sing some crap. Gokey was terrible, but at least I remember him trying for that note at the end.

Only one more week. I hope I can stay awake that long. I'm ready to put this season behind us!

PS - the Wings just TOTALLY got screwed. Why did the ref blow the whistle? The puck was just sitting there uncovered in the crease! We got hosed. By a hoser. Sweet Jesus I hate Chris Pronger and the Ducks.

No comments: