Wednesday, March 5, 2008

AI "Top" 8 Girls

Literally from word 1, Paula is incoherent.

Asia'h - Uh oh, the Whitney songs continue. God I hate the girls this year, and this is going to be a long night.

kd - Sang Christina Aguilera in 9th grade, so I am old. I physically hate this broad. Actually sucks tonight, like every other week. Can I fast forward yet? Wait - Randy and Paula...liked it? Simon insults her, and bravo. She is a bitch in reply, and I hate her.

Amanda - Embarrassing moment is surprisingly not the DUI. Sings a fun song at least. So, she gains some cool points with me because it wasn't something lame. Simon tries to say that it was good because it was actually memorable.

Irish - Embarrassing moment involves a bar, so that was cool. Does a 90s Celine Dion song from the 80s? Paula calls her a female dog. Simon doesn't like it.

KLC - Talks about going around on her hands and knees, and I blanked out for a minute. Wait...that's Journey's music!!! It's about frickin' time - Journey bitches! Sings it kinda slow - but I wouldn't say that Steve Perry rolled around in his grave or anything. Still wasn't great, but did Journey, so I am putting her in the top 12 because of it. But please, don't make this into a country song.

Asia'n - Not Phil Collins! Do the Postal Service version! Not bad though. 6 down, only 2 left! Paula - for the LOVE OF GOD, please stop talking.

Brooke - Does a song that I can no longer separate from Mr. Mackey. But she does a pretty cool version, and I liked it. Simon is exactly right here - she did a great job, and I liked it. Oh sweet God, someone please put Paula down like a horse with a broken leg.

Syesha - Shows off the gams in a positively Scarnato-ian fashion. But does Whitney again, and I am bored again. Gets no feedback, because they are short on time.

I liked the lion, Irish, and Brooke tonight. Send kd home, and someone else - it doesn't matter. Just send kd home.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Asia'h- Hated it. She always sounds like she's out of breath. Walking down the stairs almost killed her.

Kady- Hated it. Hated her.

Amanda- That wasn't great, but I still appreciate that she stands out from the crowd. Is she really that shy?

Irish-Her embarassing moment wasn't when the record company spent $2.2m on her and her record tanked? Why, oh why, would you or Simon imply that that's a Celine Dion song? She covered it poorly for a car commercial! Aaack! It's a beautiful, amazing Cyndi Lauper song! Show some respect, people!

KLC- I still don't get the attraction. She has beady little eyes, no lips, and hair bigger than mine. When the girls aren't prominently featured, she's got nothing.

Asia'n- I just don't like her. I really don't like any of the girls, like, beyond their voices even, except Amanda, Brooke, and maybe Irish. The rest seem like Mean Girls to me.

Brooke- That was her best so far. Winning me back over.

Syesha- Her legs! I felt faint. She didn't embarass herself with that song, but because it was Whitney she automatically loses points.

Then they start recapping the show and Chip and I cringe because ugh, when you hear a snippet of everyone they just look and sound like a big ol' mess. At least the first few did- my DVR cut off because they (cough Paula cough) ran long.

Cathy said...

Asia’h – I knew it would be a Whitney night and I knew someone would sing that song. She was ok, though. I think she’s really cute and has a good voice, but could she have yelled the song any more than she did? She won’t win.

KD – I just really can’t stand her. I agree with Simon that she has no personality. And she just has such a smug look about her that makes me want to punch her in the face. Go home.

Amanda – When I heard the first bars of the song, I was so excited that she was singing Joan Jett! It was absolutely perfect for her. I like her and that she’s different, but I really don’t see her going far in this competition. She might make it to the top 12 but I doubt she’ll make it much further. From her inability to look at the camera once during her performance and her aloofness about the judges’ comments, I wonder if she’s thinking that being on American Idol isn’t so cool anymore.

Irish – I think she did a good job. She has a great voice, but I feel like she is just trying too hard to work it. I love that song, though (the Cyndi Lauper version of it). I know how Steph feels about Celine, but I hated it when she remade this song. And why didn’t anyone sing anything Cyndi Lauper (True Colors, Time After Time, She Bop )?

KLC – did a country version of Journey and hit some rough notes along the way. Eh. Her stances on the stage still bug me. Give the girl a stool or something!

Asia’n – she’s cute and has a great voice, but I agree that she needs to get out of her rut. She would have done a great job with True Colors! I’ve thought all along that she looks scared shitless on stage (Paula put it politely that she could see her thinking about it too much).

Brooke – I loved it. And I totally thought of Stephanie when the song started. Am I the only one with a girl crush?

Syesha – I think she sounded great but will these kids ever learn? No Whitney! No Celine!

Stan said...

I am really surprised that neither of you mentioned the shot of Amanda's fiance. He is crazily good looking and preppy and they don't fit at all! It was hilarious. I loved her song. She's not going to win by any means, but I really liked her - great song for her. Why is she incapable of joy?

I thought Irish was good, she's very happy. I found her drunk embarrassing moment to be in no way suprising.

I am not sure if this is the right order, but I am ready for small asian girl to go home. I can't take the bangs anymore. I am always disturbed by how well she sings since I hate her, thankfully she wasn't that good last night so I don't have to feel bad when she gets kicked off. I did adore embarrassing moment.

I thought Kristy Lee's song was great. Different, glad she did her own thing. I've not been a fan of her's - just a matter of time before she goes, but she's improving.

I loved Brooke. Randy - brought nothing new to the song???!!! Whatevah! I was really hoping someone would do some Joan Jett, I never would have thought Brooke would be the one to do it.

Chip said...

Actually, "I Drove All Night" was written for Roy Orbison, even though his version came out a couple of years after Cyndi's. I always think of it as an Orbison song, though-- mainly because of the AWESOME softcore video for the song, with Jason Priestly and Jennifer Connelly. The seeds of my love for Jennifer Connelly.

I liked Iris and Brooke, but everyone else was blah.