Wednesday, July 9, 2008

#7 - My Season Pass List

Just for fun, here are some of the shows on my season pass list on TiVo that you might be surprised that I watch, or ones that you should be watching too. (Yes, I know that I need to rent The Wire, BSG, and Mad Men).

Supernatural - Yes, I love Sam and Dean. Not necessarily a show that everyone would enjoy, but I have it in my top 10 on TiVo. And now you know.
Reaper - Just getting Carrie into this show. I mean, it's not Lost or anything, but it is fun, and the cast is great. Also, the chick on the show is way too hot to be working at Lowe's.
Bones - Seriously, I won't be happy until Booth and Brennan end up together. The cast is great here as well. I say to give it a chance, although they got rid of one of the best cast members last season for no real reason.
Subterranean - MTV2 show that makes me feel like I am somewhat caught up on the indie music scene. Hey - this is where I found Band of Horses, Silversun Pickups, Peter Bjorn and John, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Yeah, everyone should put this on their season pass list for the fall. Really awesome show, adds a lot to the Terminator fiction. The chicks are hot too.
The Daily Show/Colbert Report - There is no reason why everyone doesn't watch these shows. TDS is still better, but Colbert is crazier.
Gossip Girl - Really one of the best shows that you're not watching. Cullen's got my back here - it isn't a chick show. I think TWOP graded most of the episodes as an A+.
Family Guy/American Dad - Yeah, I still love this stuff. It isn't for everybody.
Top Chef - Seriously, if you enjoy fancy food in the least, you should watch this show. Period. It is the best show out there for foodies like myself.
Saturday Night Live - OK, we still tape this show and watch it drunk. It has about 15 good minutes a month, but it is still fun. If it is funny, it will be on collegehumor.com the next day. If it is a really bad sketch, you can just fast forward. Too many repeats during the season though.
Nova/Frontline - PBS bitches. Frontline is the last bastion of great journalism, and Nova is just fun for the science geek in me. You can cherry pick which ones you want to watch - really, Nova had like a 3 week thing on the history of ice this year. I mean, it was great, but really - ice. One week it can be a so-so history of fireworks, but then the next it can be an enthralling story of people trapped on Mt. Everest, or an incredible telling of the battle to teach evolution in public schools. (Whoops - I guess you Memphis folk couldn't have watched that one if you wanted to.)
30 Days - Still a good show, and we pause it to discuss many times when we watch it. Good stuff if you want more than just mindless entertainment.
Psych - I love this show, but probably not for everyone. Tiffany and Mark are literally the only other people I know who watch this show.
South Park - It disgusts me that you guys don't still watch this show. The quality never dipped.
Survivor - Still awesome, though not always as good as season 1. But sometimes it is even better.
Eli Stone - Again, we love the cast and would recommend the show. Although, the chick he will end up with is super annoying.
Chuck - Please watch this show. Adam Baldwin, bitches.

The sad part about this list is that it isn't even half of our season pass list. Then again, we do have our own shows that we don't watch together - notice I left The Real World, Beauty and the Geek, and Lipstick Jungle off this list - the shows on here are ones that I watch. I am always open to suggestions though.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I recently recorded a bunch of South Parks. They are sitting on the DVR right next to all the eps of 30 Days that we haven't found time to watch either. I just don't have enough TV time anymore to watch "fun" shows like Chuck or Bones. I'm sure I'd like them, but I have to be choosy these days. Which is why I watch things like BSG and The Wire. Really- it is imperative that you watch BSG before it comes back on. You have at least six months- you can do it!

Cathy said...

The only three shows I watch regularly from your list are 30 Days, Top Chef, and The Daily Show/Colbert Report. Like Stephanie, my TV time is limited. Oh, and I watch Survivor, too. For some reason, I just can't let that show go.

Tiffany said...

I am so glad that Psych made your list. That show rules. Love Bones too!