Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Da dum da da-Da dum da da

So, I went with my friend Hillary on Saturday to look for a wedding dress. (Thanks-Hillary-you are awesome!) We went to three places, and I tried on about fifteen wedding dresses. I tried on dresses that were way bigger than my personality/character could ever "pull off". There were tieras and beaded trains involved. Now, I want to look as wonderful as possible on my wedding day. However, I do not want to look like "Bizarro Carrie". So, finding this balance was proving to be a difficult task. I do believe that I did find one dress at each of the bridal boutiques that I visited. Each of these dresses seemed to have a simple/classic elegance. I was surprised that I liked them as much as I did because they are not the style that I was originally looking for. (They both also have a little bit of a train workin'.) Not being a "girlie-girl", I was surprised when I tried the two dresses on and couldn't stop smiling and giggling.

As a side note, the two boutiques were much more memorable and a much better experience than going to "David's Bridal". Some of my friends have found great deals there when they showcase the $99 wedding dresses. This sale was non-existent when I was there. All I experienced was an awkward wedding consultant ( she was never there when you needed her and would hover and stare otherwise), a store with spotlight lighting, dressing rooms with no mirrors (yes-you had to try on your dress and walk out in the crowded store to showcase your flaws for all to see), and prices that were comparable or more than the boutiques that I visited. I just wanted to leave the whole time that I was there. By the way, don't ask me what I am looking for-and make me feel odd because I have no clue. This may not be my last wedding-but it certainly is my first. (J/K Shan "the man" Miller)
-Carrie

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I want to be a bridesmaid in ALL your weddings, not just this one.