Monday, December 10, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

One of my guilty pleasures is the John Tesh radio program. I don't know, it is informative. Shut up. However, I hate his music. So, they had John Tesh's Carol of the Bells on the radio today. It is basically a Spanish style guitar playing the version of Carol of the Bells that I could come up with if I had to. It was just that bad. Forget my stylistic problem with the Spanish style - CotB is best as a song that is reminiscent of something Dickensian. But, it was just so, uh, uncomplicated musically that it bored me. I will still listen to Intelligence for Your Life - no hard feelings John?

Also, we heard Enya's We Wish You a Merry Christmas. We stopped laughing hours later. It was like a parody of itself. Again - Enya is a big guilty pleasure for me. But it was just terrible - it basically went something like this: take the music of any typical Enya song, now sing a Christmas song over it in a very slow, Enya-like "peaceful and soothing yet cheesy and lame" voice, and in a slightly minor key, and that was what it was. I don't know, it touched a funny bone.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I just put Monster Ballads-Christmas on my Amazon wishlist.

John Tesh? Really?