Wednesday, February 20, 2008

AI Girls

I am glad that after I fell asleep, that I was woken up for the last 4. Here goes:

Kristy Lee Cook: I like her name, because it has the whole adverb/verb thing going on. Like, "How should we cook the lamb?" "Let's kristily cook it!" Plus, she is obscenely hot. She was not good tonight though. She kept doing this weird bug-eye thing. Yeah, she was sick, and could make it just because she is hot and people remember her.

Hot McFatty - OK, that was mean - she isn't Irish. She wasn't so good either. She was very pretty in the face though. I dunno - I thought she was better than that, but that is how I felt about KLC.

Alaina Whitaker - I would say she is hot, but she is only 16. So I will save that for tomorrow when she turns 17, and it will be slightly less uncomfortable for me to say that. She is best so far at this point. She has a little gap tooth thing working. (PS - around this point, Paula accidentally may have said that Dionne Warwick was dreadful, but I can't remember who or why she said it.)

Amanda Overmyer - I made a joke here about her singing Blue, da ba dee da ba da, and it went over well with Carrie. Not a fan of this chick, but I don't dislike her either. It is just, well, I don't like the highlights thing she has going on, and her face makes her look fat. That, and she has the largest head that has ever happened. I hate saying all this, because she seems really nice. I just agree with what Simon said during the auditions - I know how everything she sings will sound from here on out. And like, I get it - now go home and hang out with Dan and Roseanne.

Amy Davis - She wasn't the breast, but she was pretty boob. I dunno - I liked her more than the judges did - she seemed like she might have been sick. Although, when KLC was up there, the sickness thing was all they talked about, then when Ryan was talking about it later, he was like, I don't want to embarrass anyone by saying who is sick. Like KLC was the only one they were apologizing for because they want her to stick around. Also, being deathly ill a few days ago, I can't imagine performing while that sick.

Brooke White - I know Steph has a girl crush or something - I like her, but she was not great tonight. She ended with a bunch of "ba ba ba"s that just sounded funny and was a weird way to end the song. Although, because of her performance, the phrase "washing-up liquid" has entered the repertoire.

Lushington - I made a joke about her name sounds like a made up name for a high class drunk on the Simpsons. Then we watched a Simpsons, and a tick on a high class dog was named Bitington, and it made me happy. She was, well, all over the place. We liked her, I guess, but still, it wasn't an A+ or anything. I don't know. She seemed comfortable, and I hope she sticks around. Because in all honesty, I have no clue as to who is leaving tonight.

Kady Malloy - Let me just state the obvious, but yes, I would hit it billions and billions of times. She wasn't great and all, but Simon was actually kind of a dick to her. The pencil comment was harsh - she just snarled at him the rest of the time. Plus, she's got them bedroom eyes, so it was a look to kill. Even at the end, she was just glaring over at him. Do not piss her off.

Asia H. Epperson - She was really good - one of the best. Really, her moment in the auditions was the moment of the season, and brought Carrie to tears. And by Carrie, I mean everyone who watched it. She was great tonight, and really turned the night around. The last 4 may have been the best. I was proud of Asia'h for everything except for the 'h at the end of her name. (Also, at this point, I got to go check out the lunar eclipse. Good times, even if it was 8 degrees outside.)

Asia'n - I love that Ramiele actually works at a sushi restaurant, because it fits a stereotype. It is like finding out that the guy you just met who is really rich also votes Republican. But she is super cute, and was awesome - quite possibly my favorite girl. Her voice is just not what you expect, and she belted it out tonight. I hope she sticks around, because I am proud of my "Asia'n" thing.

Syesha Mercado - Carrie says her last name means "grocery store". I remember her as the chick with the skinny legs and the big boobs who sang awesome when she had no voice. Let's see if she keeps that figure after having two kids; am I right ladies?? But, she was also awesome, even if the judges weren't as crazy. That kind of surprised us. BTW - the last 3 girls I have discussed were by far the best of the night. Which is good, because I was beginning to doubt the girls' talent this season.

Irish Goth chick - Weren't the Goths from Ireland? Because then "Irish Goth" would be redundant. She was good - really good, but was that even a song? It sounded like a bunch of words, sung to specific notes on a scale that perhaps did not actually form a song. It was weird - she was good and all, and will last as well.

So who goes home? No idea. I would guess Amy Davis and Kady Malloy, but I don't want to see them go. But I would love watching them leave! Am I right guys?? (Wait - there are no guys here!) But KLC could leave - she would go kristily cook herself some hamburgers and watch the rest of the shows, I guess. The girls are wide open at this point (am I right?) and I have no idea who is the best - the two Asias and Syesha are my picks, but I still think Brooke could do well, KLC could rally if she sticks around, and the chick who turns 17 tomorrow surprised some tonight.

3 comments:

Stan said...

What is with your love of the blond clones Shannon? Whatever! At the end of the show when two were flanking Ryan, they could have been the SAME GIRL!

I like Brooke and her happiness, but I completely agree that "do do do" is not an ending for a song.

Groovy kind of love girl (I can't remember her name) was ridiculous. The word groovy came back in the 80s, but it doesn't continue to work 20 yrs later, and it sounded really dumb to try to sing it sexily. (maybe I just made up that word).

I wish I didn't get a close up of Carley's teeth, because heretofore she will be "snaggletooth McIrish" to me. Why didn't her previous record label help her fix that situation. And she's definitely not fat, but has this extra flesh right under her chin that is super distracting. My husband says she should only be viewed from the cheekbones up. She has a beautiful voice, but what a strange song!

Stephanie said...

Seriously- that was atrocious. I don't know any of the generic blond's names- they all look alike to me. All I remember is that everyone except the last chick is beautiful- bone structures, bodies, hair- every chick was jaw-dropping in some aspect. Every time they showed family in the stands I'd be like, Check out the MILF that one's got! The bone structure runs in the family, is what I'm saying. OK- let's see if I can actually remember any of these forgettable performances.

Cage-Fighting Generic Blonde- She has a small waist. I get it. Bo-ring.

Plus-Sized Model- her name starts with a J, that's all I can remember. In the episode where they selected the final 24, I love that they saved the big girl and the frighteningly hot girl to be the last two, so that they could give the illusion that they picked a big girl over a skinny hot girl. But really one had nothing to do with the other. I love to hate you, Nigel Lythgoe!

Gap-Tooth Generic Blonde- She was surprisingly good, actually, but her performance didn't really excite me. I've already forgotten what song it was.

Amanda- I actually love her, although she doesn't belong on AI necessarily. Her face and head are deceptively big- the rest of her body is normal size! But to me she seems like she's about 50, like she's one of Jerry Stanfill's sisters who sings in the band with him. Only when she starts talking do you realize she's in her 20's.

Amy Davis- No idea. Is she the quarter-Japanese chick? I'll talk about her like she was. She did not hit one single note during that entire song. It was painful to listen to- we were squirming. She should stick with trade show modeling.

Brooke- She is like the mature adult of the group, and I think she is beautiful, but she totally lost me tonight. Way awkward on stage!

Lushington- I did call Chip Lushy McLushington when he was drinking wine. Fabulous name! Although I think Lezzy McLesbianton is more like it. Gayest top 24 ever! Woohoo! I liked her, though. And her cheekbones. I think the young kids just don't know they're supposed to be nervous!

Cross-eyed Generic Blonde- Bedroom eyes? Huh? Do you make Carrie go cross-eyed? Kudos! Again, she's pretty and has a decent voice, but I fell asleep before it was over. I didn't listen to the comments either. Whatevs.

Asiahhhh- She's a doll. I love her. But she always sounds like she's about to lose her voice- it makes me nervous! I guess it's just her voice though.

Asia'n- Good one! She's a cute little thing. I thought her performance was great. Why can't I spell the names of any of the frontrunners?

Syesha Market- She is flawless beautiful. I could watch her sing in short shorts all day. I think she might be a bit of a diva, though. But I don't have to hang out with her, so what do I care? I love her.

Caitlin/Carly/Soairse- I don't like this girl at all. I can't get past the fact that she was on a record label run by the guys who now run 19 Entertainment, and that she's being pushed down my throat. Seriously- we saw EVERY bit of her journey from auditions through Hollywood week to now. Even Simon was like, I'm tired of how much they're hyping you to me in my earpiece. I put you through like I was told, now I'm over you. And I am too.

Absolutely no idea who will go home. Nothing would surprise me, but more importantly, nothing would really bother me. The three girls whose names I can't really pronounce are the only ones I feel anything for at this point, but I'm not invested in them the way I am in Saracen and Riggins over in the boys department. (If you don't watch Friday Night Lights- well, for one thing, you're an idiot. But also you should know that Saracen is the one I want to adopt and Riggins is the one I want.)

Shannon said...

shannon-the best quote by paula in a while--"we haven't heard that song,since the great diana ross sang it on stage in a past season--and it was dreadful .....". no one seemed to catch this-it was hilarious.

i am like simon-i don't understand a word!

carrie