Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Top 10 AI Guys

Michael's John - He likes tennis, separating him from the stereotypical tall, in-shape Australian male. Not so great with the falsetto, but he could eventually win this whole thing. This was his "home game versus UT" week. He will recover.

Jason Castro - one of the Jonas brothers. He doesn't like doing interviews - he is so quirky. Carrie - "He's so pretty." Me - this song is teh suxx0rs, and the guitar gimmick is just that. Carrie - "But he's so cute." Me - those dreadlocks probably smell bad. Carrie - "Hatchi Matchi". Paula - "Gmmm hamdkf fjnkokni." Simon - dead on with his analysis. Carrie - "I would Jason his Castro, right after I double his entendre." Me - eye roll.

Dude going third and going home - In an a capella group. Still kinda hot. Singing Queen - this song has a line about Zach al-Chokachi. Brutal. The backup singers are good. Did Ryan really call him Dawson's Creek? He openly just has the forehead, not the seventeenhead, and isn't the worst lead character on a TV show since Meredith Grey.

(Hey - the new Margulies show has the Rilo Kiley song during the promo, meaning I will look into it.)

Boyz in Girls - Says something about "the way I'm are". Likes drag racing, because he is such a hardcore rocker. Such a hardcore rocker that he does such a kickass song like Hot Blooded, the song that Apu sang in an episode of the Simpsons. He is SOOOO badass. Plus that scruff - I wouldn't want to see him in a poorly lit alleyway. Wait - I am deaf, what is his "fever"? Oh - 103 - I caught that, thanks dude. (PS - my fever is probably around 100 right now. We don't have a thermometer - put it on the registry.) Scary. OK - Randy calls him out on his facade of a rocker that I just mocked. Simon desperately tries to give him the kiss of death.

Boyz in Boyz - OK, the ninth grade pictures of Danny move him into my top 3 chicks on this show. Really - I feel the way Jamie Foxx felt about Prince here. Plus, he does a Carpenters song, making me think I might be soulmates with this kid. I have to go look at pictures of naked women real fast. Yikes!

David Hernandez - Very good, but somehow still boring to me. Carrie disagrees. He used to be a gymnast, but hands off Danny - he's mine. Still, a very good performance. He just looks like he was cut from a pattern or something - like, I've seen guys who look like that before.

Other dude going home - Actually not a good song, not a good performance. I make a joke to Carrie about how much this guy is looking forward to going back to Young Life after he gets voted off. Then, he ends the song striking a JC pose! Watch out, Creed!

Jacuzzi - whoops, I mean however you really spell it. Has a strong Nigerian heritage, and was a little offended by Simon's Jacuzzi comment last week. Wears 2 collared shirts (or are they colored shirts? Michael Scott?) for 80s night, but it is 70s week. His song is actually about how his name is NOT jacuzzi. Openly hits on the backup singer.

David Cook - Has a very cold neck, generally. However, he does a lame 70s rock song just like Boyz II Men did earlier, but makes it seem so much more rockin' than the supposed rocker. We liked it. REALLY pissed Simon off.

David Archuletta - Just awesome as always. Was born when I was in high school. I really got nothing to add here. Really incredible. Will probably win. Carrie is openly teary eyed.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Michael John- Hubba hubba. I liked how he was singing at the top of his range. It was his worst night, but his worst is still better than a lot of people. Plus he's dead sexy.

Castro- I can't believe Carrie loves him that much. He still reminds me of Travolta with dreadlocks. He did not remain in my top four this week. Shannon's paragraph about him made me laugh hysterically.

Andrew Shue- He's so cute! But so horrible. When a guy picks Queen it's like a girl picking Celine- you will always look horrid by comparison.

Robby Rocker- He sounds like a boy band guy singing a rock song. He's frontin' in a serious way. And also protesting too much.

Danny- I just love that someone is finally openly gay on Idol. Suck it, Clay Aiken! (No pun intended! Well, maybe a little.)

Hernandez- Very good tonight. He's always good, he's just missing some quality that the winner needs. There's no "It" factor like Castro and my top three have.

Young Life- His voice is nice! It's just- the smiling. Make it stop! Also, he is weirdly doughy- not really fat, but not thin either. And did I mention the smiling? I can't talk about the ending. It's too embarassing.

Chee-Kaay-zeeay- He was really good! Why was he dressed for 80's night? He even had on a calculator watch!

David Cook- You know he's secretly my second fave (sorry other David!) and the word nerd thing roped me in that much more. He was just saying to Simon, Glad I don't have to count on your vote! and Simon went off the deep end. It was weird. David didn't rise to the bait though. I love him. I forgot to mention- I loved his performance, top to bottom.

Archuletta- The fact that his mom was crying when it was over almost got to me, then I noticed Paula was crying and that sobered me right up. People should never try to do anything with Imagine besides sing it straight- it's a beautiful, simple song and to pop-music-it-up is the ultimate irony. Lennon spins in his grave when this is performed on Idol with a bunch of runs and shit. But mainly, I forgot Kelly Clarkson was ever that skinny! (The original and still the best. Call me, Kelly!)

So in summary, I voted for Michael and MyDavid, then tried to vote for BabyDavid but the line was still busy forty minutes after the show ended.

Stan said...

I had to vote five last night, Danny b/c I am so amused by him and I want him to stay as long as possible.

David H. was great. I didn't really love him before, but he did a fantastic job. He's not going to win, but he's a really good singer.

I love Jaccuzi, although the Nigerian pronunciation of his name is so beautiful, I can't believe his willing to let all of America bastardize his name. He was good and had great energy. I didn't notice his calculator watch, now I wish I hadn't deleted from TiVo so I could go back and look at it again!

David Cook is very professional. I like the way he used the background singers as actual backup singers, not to sing the same note as him just more loudly like some others. He is good. I just have to close my eyes to avoid my infatuation with his insane hair.

David A. - Stephanie, how in the WORLD could you not love that? I got chills. I didn't listen to the whole song because I was busy voting for him. He was phenomenal. And then he is so embarrassed when he's done. He is adorable. Can't say it enough. I also like when he told Ryan "don't leave me up here!" like being on stage would be humiliating, when he just performed for 40 million people!

One more comment - was Paula wearing only a bra with a jacket? I appeared to me that she was shirtless, and I was so grateful for the shot that had the coke cup directly over her boobage.