Tuesday, April 14, 2009

AI - Magnificen't Seven

So, Steph is puking or something, so her comments are abbreviated. Then again, this felt like an abbreviated episode of AI, so whatever. Hope you feel better sis!

The theme tonight is "songs from movies", and Quentin Tarantino is helping. I may have spelled that wrong, I don't care. Dude looks like a caricature of Bob Hope at this point. Plus, Carrie can't get over how weird his body looks, and how poorly he is aging. BTW, Tarintino is hilarious. Whisky Tango Foxtrot, Idol?

My song choice for this week? Someone actually performs it this week. If I lost the drawing for that song and had to pick another? Burn, Nine Inch Nails, Natural Born Killers. I am so badass. (OK, Let's be honest here - it would be I Could Have Danced All Night. Or this.)

Allison -
I love her, that was just okay.
Carrie doesn't think she is connecting with the music. Whatever - Silvio thought it was good, what else do you need, people?! Also, the thing that is annoying me most this season is the judges' love for Adam and Adam alone, really. Paula, I swear to God, starts off by saying to Allison, "you know I love Adam". Seriously, that is what she said. Then Simon says, "Lil can't win". This is the feedback Allison has been getting. Simon says she was really good this time, and Carrie is like, she has been good this whole time, jackasses, you are just now finally noticing.

Anoop - Anoop was flawless. (Well, except for the jacket.) His best performance ever. This is the second straight lame 90s song played for slow dances at middle schools. Randy is wearing a rainbow necklace - I don't know if this is a subtle show of Adam support or not, but it is weird. But yes, Anoop was great tonight.

Adam - Oh sweet Lord, here we go again. Let me just say, I giggled uncontrollably the whole time. That is all I will say. Carrie thinks he is solely theatrical, that he flips a switch and acts his performance, and has no soul behind anything he sings. I say that it is almost like he is doing a parody of someone else's parody of him. It is unreal and weird. Lambert plays Jack Nicholson in the Broadway version of Easy Rider. Or something. I get it, he's a "star" and owns the stage and all, but he's still just eh for me. Paula is just saying some words, and Simon is openly mocking her. nice! Yes! Rocky Horror. Man I love Simon.

Matt G - I just can't handle those douchy hats, dude. Jasuck Mraz wears that shit, and he is the worst human in human history. The hat is more a device used to introduce a stream of water into the body for medical or hygienic reasons than a hat. Oh Matty- this is a no. Especially after Anoop pwn3d Brian Adams already. Oof - he lost the pitch after his first foray into falsetto- that was rough. Not one of his top 3 performances. Randy - "The thing for me for you is..."

Gokey -needs his glasses. Endless Love. Is this song about your wife dying? I think so! I think it is more about when Stevie Wonder and Scott played tennis a few weeks back. Hey-O! This guy is such a whore. Carrie and I paused before to guess what song he would sing, and we brainstormed songs where someone dies. I said Against All Odds, but then again, I don't know if that is about someone dying or not. Carrie - "Tears in Heaven!" If next week is Bad Pearl Jam Songs That Are 50s Remakes week, he is doing Last Kiss. Easy. Simon can't bear to hear Paula talk tonight. That's hilarious. Also, I hate the fact that he doesn't get to comment after everyone. His is the only opinion I care about. Simon wishes that there was a 47 year old cat lady on the show this week. (Seriously - almost 5 million views, and the clip got posted on Saturday. Made Carrie cry.)

Kris - OK, the show is over, I am totally on board with this kid now, he has picked the best song ever. A song that was on my wedding iPod for crying out loud! Just an awesome song - I didn't hear him because I was singing too. This is the best moment of the show all season.
Another duet being sung by one person. But this song is awesome, is so romantic, and Kris is so gorgeous that I'm sure this will sound great. Seriously, every woman my age is in love with this song. He just won the 35-yr-old almost-cougar vote. I could cry. This is what Gokey wishes he could pull from my cold cold heart. You the MAN, Kris! (Like seriously, I just went to YouTube to watch the real version of Falling Slowly, and I cried AGAIN. That song owns me.)

Lil - The Rose - Carrie thinks Lil has lost weight. She didn't like this performance as much as I did. Lil looks great, but why is she singing an old white lady song? BTW, Lambert should have done this one. Hee! At least Lil gave it an R&B flavor. But still, this isn't good.
She is snippy to Simon - especially after his shot at her earlier in the show, I can't blame her. Lil is such a Memphis woman right there, talking back to Simon like that. That sounds like home to me. She just needs someone else to choose her songs. I hope she doesn't go home, but I think it might be near the end for her, and what a disappointment.

That's all I have time to type- must vote for Kris until time runs out. I agree - Kris won the night, and might be my new favorite from that. I am still rooting for the person who isn't Lambert to win it all though.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

OK, wow. They were showing the Tarantino (sp?) highlight reel, and I said, "Well, he IS the guy who introduced us to Burn." Burn is Connor's new fave RB2 song, so I actually DID perform it last night! That is really hilarious. Except a lot of it is too low for my range, so I wouldn't do it on Idol. (I'd do something from The Bodyguard or Waiting to Exhale, duh.)

Cullen said...

In Your Eyes, from Say Anything would have to be my choice. I am surprised Reality Bites wasn't mentioned. Also, Singles had to many to choose from.

Stephanie said...

OMG of course! I would have done State of Love and Trust. Duh.

Reality Bites- I would feel so cheap singing "our" song on AI! But I do Tempted and My Sharona on RB2 all the time. :)

Cullen said...

We pause after they announce the theme of the night and try and come up with at least 5 songs each. We have yet to pick a song that is actually sung on the show, except for MJ night, which was easy to pick.