Tuesday, February 19, 2008

AI Guys

For those of you who watch American Idol, enjoy:

David Hernandez - I actually like this guy, even if he is wholly unimpressive. Nice voice, decent looking.

Jaccuzi - Not so good. Really sounded like a lounge singer. However, he is somehow the only black male contestant - what is with that? I don't think he is as bad as he was tonight.

David Cook - Either fatter than he looks, or not as fat as he looks. I don't know - I am not sold on this guy, but he was good enough to stick around.

Jason Yeager - this guy is 22 and has a 15 year old son. I don't know what to do with that. But, he was meh - I couldn't hear him, and I hate that. I never met him before, so if he goes home, whatever.

Robbie the "Rocker" - Anyone who works that hard to have such a polished "rough" look, which is in itself a contradiction, loses some points with me. He was good and will stick around, but whatever.

David Archuletta - He is a frontrunner, although it disturbs me that his parents weren't born when the song he sang was written. Seriously - the kid was born when I was in high school.

Danny Noriega - OK, it is early, but I am going to say that we can't make fun of him for being gay. Not that it is okay to ever make fun like that. You know what I mean. But with Danny, he is just here and queer - get used to it. I don't know - I mean, it wouldn't even be good natured ribbing - he is just gay gay gay. He is sassy as all out, and would almost be a pretty woman. He is much better than that Elvis crap tonight though.

Luke Menard - who? He is pretty, but that is just about it. I hope he enjoyed his night on TV. Oh, and I forgot - they showed him and he was pretty, and then he mentioned being a "carpet cleaner", and Carrie and I high-fived.

Colton Berry - Is there something with gay guys and Elvis? Is it just a coincidence, or is there a following that I am unaware of? I am not a fan of this kid, but he isn't terrible.

Garrett - Not good. I actually left the room and didn't even think about what I was doing. Plus, his hair is out of the 70s, and his face is out of the uglies. He seems nice.

Jason Castro - I think I lost Carrie tonight to this kid. Really - he has that whole dreadlock white rich kid guitar playing douchebag quality about him. Did you notice in his clip that when he made it to Hollywood, about 20 11-year old girls swarmed him? But his eyes and cheekbones are all Carrie needs - she mentioned making him into her screen saver. Plus, he was pretty good I guess.

Michael Johns - my favorite, and not because of my man crush. He is awesome and will win.

All in all - I see Luke and Garrett going home. Plus, David Archuleta and Michael Johns are the only 2 who can win from the boys - this show is SOOOOO much filler for the next 3 or 4 months, it makes me hate my life. We will fight over the person who sneaks in and isn't as good, when in actuality it only matters who wins, not who gets voted off a week or two before their time, or makes it a week or two past where they should. I hate this crap, but I will post about it just to get me writing on this blog again. Tomorrow night - the girls! Oh, also please read about my poop below.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

David H- Has a real solid voice, but is just a bit cheesy
Jaccuzi- He is better than that. But once you argue with Simon, our relationship is over.
David Cook- I like him a lot. Top three boys for me.
Jason- That Moon River was soooooo cheesy. He sounded like he was on a Disney soundtrack. And had the cheesy smile to go with!
Robbie- He was in Boyz N Girlz United, who toured with Britney. I need to know- is he bald under the cap? His voice is fine, but I don't like him.
David Archuletta- When Ryan said you can vote for him but not adopt him, he was speaking directly to me. It isn't even a competition for Chip- It's just this kid and a bunch of posers. He's awesome!
Danny- I'm really glad there's someone super-gay rather than just Clay Aiken-gay on the show this year. I hope he gets the gay vote, but I worry that the queens will say "Who does she think she is?" and vote for Colton.
Luke- The love child of Andrew Shue and Orlando Bloom. Pretty. Also? Horrid.
Colton- You have a background in musical theater? You don't say!
Garrett- Wow! He looks like he was supposed to be born in time to front an 80's hair band. He even had the wispy moustache thing going! All he was missing were wrestling shoes (TM Chip). Plus he can't sing worth a damn and we've never seen him before. Definitely going home.
Jason C- He was good and has the cute eyes, but something in his face reminded me of Danny Zucko. I could already picture his fan base though. He'll stay around.
Michael- The way I feel about him is not appropriate for a family blog. I will vote for him until my fingers bleed. I can't live in a world where I don't get to see him every week.

Cathy said...

I actually missed the first four last night. I’m not recording it when it is on five times a week, so I forgot to tune in. So, for the first four, I only saw the re-cap at the end.

David Hernandez – Nice voice but his facial expressions scare me.

Jaccuzi – Is he really the only black male contestant? How is that possible?

David Cook – from the 10 seconds I saw of him at the end, I thought he sucked. And what is with that hair?

Jason Yeager – He probably has a decent voice, but again with the facial expressions! His creepy smiles scare me. And did anyone notice at the end when Ryan was giving his send off that this guy’s head looked like it was growing out of Ryan’s shoulder? It also looked to be about ten times the size of Ryan’s head. Weird and I can’t get past it.

Robbie the "Rocker" – I totally agree with Shannon’s comments. And, his teeth are just way too white.

David Archuletta – I love him; I just want to pinch his cheeks and make him blush.

Danny Noriega – His attitude totally cracks me up. He totally reminds me of Jessica Alba, too. I think she’s hot, so I like him. Good voice, too. Bad choice with the Elvis gig, though.

Luke Menard – I agree he’s pretty, but he sucked.

Colton Berry – He annoyed the crap out of me.

Garrett – He sucked. And in no way does he look anything like the Leif Garret of the 70s (except the hair). I totally agree with Simon that he looks pale and gaunt. Terrible performance.

Jason Castro – I’m with Carrie on this one. Love him. Love his eyes and the guitar. I could do without the dreads but I dig him.

Michael Johns – I love him, too. Hot, hot, hot. Like sizzling hot.

Stan said...

Did anyone else find Luke's resemblance to another "luke" disturbing? He is a perfect hybrid of Luke Perry and Kenny Loggins. When he was singing I told my husband that I was wondering why he wasn't singing the "House at Pooh Corner," and I felt very vindicated by Randy noticing the same thing!

Garrett could be the ugliest thing ever.

I hate Colton's albino eyelashes, they are so distracting that I can barely listen.

Jaccuzi shops at Sammy's Man of Fashion. Surely he sings better than he did last night, or he wouldn't even be in it.

That was all out of order, sorry.

Can't wait for the ladies!