Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rap Songs I know all or most of the words to

Baby Got Back
Regulate
Lose Yourself
B.O.B.
Ms. Jackson
U Can't Touch This
Country Grammar
Ride Wit Me
Boyz in the Hood
Bust a Move
Joy and Pain
In Da Club
Tennessee
What's My Name (DMX)
Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Roll Out
Supersonic

The Beastie Boys are tough - how many of their straight rap songs do I know the lyrics to?

Let me know what I forgot. I would like to say Busta Rhymes, but let's be honest. I don't know - just trying to spark some discussion here. What rap songs are you surprised that you know most of the lyrics to? I am pretty lame, so the length of the list is impressive to me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Supersonic always makes me think of speed-skating at Skateland.

Stephanie said...

Dee, the S is for Super, not speed. :)

I am surprised that I know all the lyrics to Gold Digger, considering how much I hate Kanye West.

Shannon, you know all the words to Bring the Noise and Paul Revere.

I know the words to most of your list, but not any of the recent stuff at the bottom (Fiddy, DMX, Soulja Boy, Roll Out).

Cullen said...

You know you know the words to "Crossroads" by Bone Thugs, and there has to be some T-Pac and Biggie songs that you know too. "Big Papa"? "Changes"? What about P.Diddy & Mase ... the money song?

Chip said...

I know the lyrics to the entirety of Paul's Boutique.

Cathy said...

Paul Revere, yes! And yes, I too know pratically all the lyrics to Paul's Boutique. Shake your Rumpaaa! If I hear the song, I could probably get through most of the words to Salt n Pepa's Shoop.

Stephanie said...

So does 311 count as rap? At least their first four or five records should. I know all those words.

Brandon Seavers once told me he's never met a girl our age who didn't know all the words to Bust A Move. He was amazed by that for some reason.

Also, everyone should quit frontin' like they don't know all the words to Ice Ice Baby.

Shannon said...

If 311 counts, then the list is tripled! I considered Vanilla Ice for the list, and I guess I just forgot about it. But I do know all the words to Mo Money Mo Problems. Forgot that one - thanks Cullen!

Also, I sadly don't know the words to Paul Revere or Crossroads, and know more of the words to Fight the Power than I do to Bring the Noise.