Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finally Four

Oh, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. I don't think anyone here will make it. Wait - Madonna made it in the Hall of Fame this year. You don't even have to play Rock and Roll anymore!

I didn't do the running commentary. I watched the first half with Connor, and it's hard to do that and type. He requires a lot of hands-on attention! We did all grouse during the intro about how Cleveland got the RnR Hall of Fame and not Memphis. We will never stop being bitter.

DC1 - Duran Duran? It's over. The competition is over. Give him the crown, winner of American Idol season whatever. Congrats - don't let Archuletta's dad kill you on the way out for winning over his son. Carrie thinks it was just okay. Randy agrees. Dude - Duran Duran! Immediately we are struck by how horrible the sound mix is. It's all voice and no music- what is the deal? That's so bush league, and not up to AI's usual standards. Weird. Fortunately he has a great voice, so it's not a huge distraction. He has only sung a song straight a couple of times- I'm not going to complain about it.

Syesha1 - I don't know this song. (Wait - this is the song that Lisa did during the Little Miss Springfield competition when she lost to Amber Dempsey. Homer sold his ticket for a ride on the Duff Blimp for that!) While Ryan is interviewing her, I start singing Proud Mary. Then guess what? So does Syesha! Chip is proud of me. She was great! I'm proud of how she has come on here at the end. Definitely top three. Hmmm...legs. I am a leg guy, and this might put her on my all time AI Top 5. (With McPhee, Scarnato, Kelly Clarkson, and Michael Johns.) Syesha - "I had fun." Simon - "Good. I didn't." Simowned.

Castro1 - He is doing a song by Bob Marley, because they both smoke pot! In case you didn't catch that. Also, it is my least favorite Bob Marley song. (I do love Marge's version of it on the Simpsons Spin-off Showcase. I would vote for Castro if he ended with, "so the next time you see the sheriff, SHOOT HIM!...a smile!!") Randy is right - that was brutal. Carrie - "I really liked that." How is she marrying me? Am I her type at all? Simon totally rips him. Castro- Summed up thusly- Simon: What were you thinking? Castro: Marley, man!

DA1 - Whatever he sings, I'll bet it's gonna be non-offensive. I want to pretend I am his dad here: "He'd better not fuck up this time or I am gonna beat him so hard with my belt. Beat him in a way that no one can see the bruises." Yeah, I want to save this kid like I want to save Katie Holmes. Wow - he threw in a reference to that POS song about the beautiful girls! Way to be relevant there big guy! Simon is STILL dogging Castro. I know I am overusing this phrase, but his arrangements are always just a touch Up With People-y. He is really a fantastic singer. I just don't enjoy hearing him sing. It's a paradox!

DC2 - Sings CSI:NY for his second song. Dedicates it to Castro. Because he is wasted - get it?! Awesome. I really love his mouth. The shape of his lips and his teeth are just really superior.

Syesha2 - Before she sings, Ryan shows off Rascal Flatts, a band or person that I only know of because of the Carrie Underwood season. And, oh wow. She's hot. I don't know about you, but my peenie just went "Huh"? I thought that was great, and I'm glad she showed that much emotion. And that she learned about being black!

Castro2 - Mr. Tambourine Man. This song means a lot to me, and I think it's a perfect song for Jason, but he just didn't connect to it. And he forgot the words. Forgets the words - I think Connor knows the words to this song. I think it's safe to say that Connor's version blows this one out of the water. (Send me an email- I'll send you the video!) He sings it better than the first one, but he should still leave.

Archie2 - Singing Elvis? Trying to curry favor with me. It is like taking a song by the one guy in history I would love to hang out with the most, and having it sung by the guy who I want to hang out with the least. Crusher- OK, that was probably his best performance. Even though it's kind of a weird phrase, Randy was right that his voice caressed every word and he just really connected to the song. That's what Castro is always and forever missing. If he wins, he wins. I won't buy his album no matter where he finishes, so it's kind of a cow's opinion at this point.

Overall, Cook, Archie, Syesha, Castro.

OMG- Next week I'll be in A2 for the finale! I hope the bachelorette party is centered around watching it! I also hope Jason Castro is not involved in any way!
Chockley out!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Suck it, Carrie!

The headlines read: Jason's dreaded day finally arrives