Friday, December 7, 2007

The blog

So, I have no idea what we are going to do with this. It won't be as well written as Steph and Chip's of course, because I don't have any talent (I do have a Ben Vereen quality). Hopefully it will make you laugh and maybe even be informative or something. We will probably post about wines we drink with foods we eat, places we go, music we like, life in Ann Arbor, FNL, etc. For instance, we had the controversial Yellow Tail Reserve Shiraz that somehow made the WS Top 100. To us, it was like going clothes shopping at K-Mart and finding something you would wear. I mean, you will wear it, it is comfortable, but you feel some degree of shame by just having it on, and you will definitely be embarrassed if someone recognizes the brand name and all, because come on - those are K-Mart clothes you are wearing. Let's not fool ourselves here. If I were to make a joke about it, it would involve fat girls and mopeds.

Also, we watched Knocked Up tonight. We went in not sold on Seth Rogan, and of course Katherine Heigl is kinda whatever at this point for us. It was actually enjoyable and all, but still. It would be interesting to see some of those people in movies apart from one another. Carrie loves her some Paul Rudd though.

So, this is mainly for close friends and family and all, but anyone else should feel free to call me names on the comments and all. I mean, we will probably only do this for a couple of months, then drop off to one post every other month, then drop off completely. But hopefully it will lend a brief insight to our lives so far away from everyone, and you will take away from it a better understanding of the "repertoire". You know, there are so many things that I would like to say to everyone in the course of a day that I am just not able to, because none of them warrant a phone call, email, or instant message by themselves. But that is what blog posts are made for. Once I figure out how to post pictures on this bad boy, well, uh, then I will post pictures.

Coming up - Carrie's wedding dress adventure, our new used car adventure (can we get under 10% on the financing?), probably a bunch of posts about the awesomeness of Band of Horses, and I have this need to start posting about Christmas songs since we have 3 radio stations here in a full time Christmas music format. I will post soon!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy! Feel free to just post a sentence or two if something funny pops into your head.

We still haven't watched any of the Judd Apatow movies other than 40 Year Old Virgin, but someday we will!