Monday, December 10, 2007

Wedding Stress

Because we are now less than 6 months away from the wedding, the stress is slowly starting to sink in. Well, slowly for me - Carrie is having waitmares about it already. I wish I were exaggerating. I hear her already trying to accept moving the wedding to the backup location indoors if it is rainy. And although getting a dress right before Christmas may cause a strain on finances (more stress), I can't complain because it is something major we will have out of the way. And by out of the way, I mean that we can start stressing about how much it will cost to have it altered.

Carrie is stressing about things that I am looking forward to the most - deciding on the menu at the reception, and registering. I don't know if it is stress or just anxiety that it is something we have to do by a particular time, and there is always some degree of error involved, I guess. I just have this piece of mind that everything logistically will work out, even if that piece of mind is probably horribly misguided. I am actually hoping for some sort of drama the day of, just to make me feel alive. But good drama, like we lose Mom and find her across the street dancing at the Aut Bar. Not bad drama, like Jessica Alba showing up to object to the wedding (Carrie can never know about us).

I happen to have my own unique fear about the wedding. We have put off the wedding for so long because we want to bring everyone together in one place and have this huge shindig. I worry that no one is going to show up. This is probably a fear that everyone has, right before twice as many people show up than were invited. But, already the list of people who can't make it includes a bunch of people from work. Turns out that the weekend of the 17th coincides with RIA's special getaway for the top reps. And for some reason, 2 of my friends already have other weddings to go to that weekend. Then, last night Carrie gets an email from Casey that she graduates on the 16th and might not make it. It is just - if this were Deal or No Deal, it feels like we are losing a lot from the second column early in the game.

Now, we have plenty of other friends who will definitely be there, and I am sure the total will go far above the 100 people that we are planning for. I mean, Kevin from RP Tracks will inevitably show up, right? But, when you make a list of 140 people to ask, in the hopes that just 100 of them will show up, you just plan it out in your mind that all 140 are going to be there.

Still - a wedding in front of 25 people is my biggest cause of stress. So far. Updates will follow.

No comments: