Sunday, December 9, 2007

Give it to someone special

I just realized that these posts are really long. So here is a brief one.

I was listening to Last Christmas by Wham! on the radio today, so I started thinking about the lyrics. First of all, I really do love that song. That's right. I said it. But, the lyrics make it so that it is strange to think that the radio station follows it up with Here Comes Santy Claus.

Basically, George Michael (the real one, not Arrested Development) fell for this guy around this time last year, hooked up with him, and the they guy blew him off (and not in the good way). And a year later, GM still isn't over this guy and admittedly would fall for him again! GM is even totally a rebound for this guy - "I guess I was a shoulder to cry on". So, he is like, this year I am going to give my heart to someone "special". Dude, I would hate to be that new guy, and not just because I'm not gay. I mean, imagine this - you meet a guy, start dating, but he is so hung up on a fling from a year ago that he is telling you he loves you just to get back at the guy who doesn't even remember him!

The guy he is dating this year - he probably doesn't really even have feelings for him, but has rushed into the "I love you" part of it just so that if on the off chance he sees his fling from a year ago at a Christmas party, he can be like, "oh I already have this new guy that I am in love with. So take that! I guess you missed your chance. You aren't "special" like he is! *sob*" Dude - I feel bad for the new guy - you are dating teh crayzay!!!!!!

That being said, who here doesn't bust out the "tore me apart" near the end? Good times.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We watched the Christmas tree lighting in Times Square a few weeks ago, and Ashley Tisdale (don't act like you don't know) sang her cover of Last Christmas and it was just horrid. Chip had no idea it was a cover! I'm like Dude, you've heard the Wham! version. He's still not sure. But did you see where Whitney linked to a blog that is devoted to Last Christmas covers? Hee!