Friday, January 4, 2008

2008 - the year of the Millfill blog

I just wanted to post because it is after 3:00 in the AM here and I can't fall asleep. I wonder if it is the excitement of being home, the lingering excitement of one of the best trips to Memphis that I have had since I moved to the A2, the nervousness I have about going back to my job on Monday, or if it is just the 7 pounds of beans that were on my Big 10 Burrito that I ate when we got into town. (See, I don't like to eat on the drive home because I don't like making dookie stinks in a gas station. If we are on the road, I will actually go to a hotel and use the one in the lobby - it is always nicer. But it adds time to the drive. So I eat very little and then chow down when I get home.)

Just to let everyone know, I have plenty of upcoming posts that I have been thinking a lot about in the last 2 weeks. Here are some topics I will be covering:

- the temperature differences both inside the house and outside in Memphis versus here. We didn't even put on our heavy coats the entire time, yet to unload the car I had to put on gloves and I thought about a scarf. The humidifier is working overtime as we speak!
- an analysis of my niece and nephews, then a breakdown of the other children we saw on the trip. Also, which one of them would win in a race. Assuming there are no door frames to get in the way.
- an extended apology for New Years Eve. Again, I am so very, very sorry.
- as an addendum to the one above, I might need to break down the differences between Rachel Ray and Giada.
- a description of how I got owned by Jackie and Janfill.
- a list of some sites to look out for on the most gawd awful 11-12 hours that many of you will spend in a car come mid-May.
- I will try to determine why Carrie and I had the most messed up dreams while we were in town. Seriously - 2 of mine actually traumatized me worse than some fight videos I have watched online. Then Carrie had one that was so awesome, I think she made it up.
- the 34 pounds I put on in the last 2 weeks.
- wedding updates
- an overall recap of some individual stories from the trip.
- again, an apology for New Years Eve. (Also, an apology that I don't know exactly if or where the apostrophe goes in "New Years Eve").
- New Year's resolutions, involving the wedding, money, jobs, and this blog in terms of typos (too versus to, etc.)

Tomorrow, Carrie and I will be buying our presents for our own Christmas celebration on Saturday. We will be throwing down with some fine wines and food, and all my drunken discrepancies will be private. This will produce yet another blog post - since Steph and Chip will be drinking better wines this year and now have the ultimate resource, we have to throw out some pointers of course!

One last thought - the words "amuse" and "bemuse" mean 2 completely different things. No reason, just thought I would throw out some John Tesh-style knowledge for your life.

PS - we did not win the Michigan Millionaire Raffle.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I think Rachel Ray is the only person you need to apologize to about New Year's Eve.

I'm assuming you will be ranking your neice and nephews in order of cuteness? Chloe has her fingers crossed that she might move up!

Cathy said...

It was great to see you and Carrie last week. I like the blog; I definitely plan to use it as a wine source!

Anonymous said...

I wonder...could it be Drew that you think would win in a race? I only ask because he won FIRST PLACE in the go-kart race at Incredible Pizza last night!

It was really great seeing you guys. Love!