Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I wanna do the 100 list too!!

I need to be better about posting on this thang. So, I will get started on the 100 things about myself. The only thing, I don't really know the rules. Here goes nothing:

1) Method actors really bother me. I feel that if you can't turn it on and off, you really haven't mastered your craft. If you need to go around 24/7 as a character, then you aren't really good at "acting" like that character - you just take on that persona. I would call Daniel Day Lewis names to his face if I ever met him.
2) Then again, I feel some of the best performances in film history are done by method actors. Go figure.
3) On the Weight Watchers diet, at least 2 of my points every day come from the Skinny Cow fudge bars.
4) I own a pair of black jeans that I got from Express, but I never wear them, because really - what goes with black jeans?
5) I don't take compliments well.
6) I don't take criticism well.
7) I have been digging LCD Soundsystem recently. I know they were all the rage last year, but I am just now getting around to it. It is really just this one guy, and it is kinda dance/punk or whatever, but he is like 37 years old, so I don't really feel like my liking this band makes me up-to-date with what all the kids are into.
8) I have this horrible fear of Adam's apples. They just freak me out. Now, I have touched mine accidentally twice in the past 2 days, and I feel like my throat is bruised. It is my equivalent to Steph's knee thing and Carrie's nose thing.
9) As a guy, I apparently think of sex once every seven seconds. However, I also think of my credit card debt about once every five seconds.
10) For some reason, every time I get my blood pressure taken, it is lower than average. The last time, it was 100 over 70. Of course, I am basing this on a 120 over 80 average. I don't know if this is bad or good. I know I need to lose weight and get in shape - maybe it will be 120 over 80 once I get down to where I want to be.
11) Even though it isn't one of my favorite shows on TV, I do watch Bones every week and I will not die happy until Bones and Booth end up together. I feel like Chandler when he cried about Ross and Rachel here.
12) I watch more TV than the rest of you combined apparently, but I am just not in a hurry to get HD. I mean, I will inevitably get one at some point, and I don't have anything against it, I just don't feel like it is a priority. The fact that I feel this way really surprises me - it seems like it would be the thing I want most in this world. I don't get why I feel this way.
13) I just finished Paul Shirley's book - I can't decide if I like him or not. Like, he should have more friends, and the fact that he doesn't is kind of off-putting. Then again, I feel like I have a lot in common with him, and wonder if we would hang out if I knew him. I don't know - I did enjoy the book a lot though.
14) I am also reading Watchmen right now, and it might be one of the coolest books ever. Certainly my favorite graphic novel ever - then again, it really has no competition for me. Yet.
15) I hate to sweat, unless I am prepared to. Which is rare.
16) I am totally that guy who can go into our apartment and tell whether or not the thermostat has been touched.
17) I am horrible about keeping in touch with friends. I fall into routine too easily, and I need to be better about calling Bill Bernard, Kyle, Di, Carolyn and Dave, Robin, etc.
18) I can't go to the bathroom unless I am wearing shoes. No, we don't have an outhouse - it is just, if there is standing water on the floor in a bathroom, do you ever want it coming into contact with your foot?
19) I hate pooping in public restrooms. I have actually left work and driven home. Well, that was until this high fiber thing started up and around 3 o'clock every day... It is taking me out of my comfort zone.
20) I am a sales rep right now and am 31 years old, but I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I think there is something I could do and really like, but I don't know what it is yet. I do have some ideas though.
21) Without an alarm to wake me, I sleep exactly 8 hours every time, barring some unforeseen circumstance.
22) If I pass out drunk, I wake up exactly 3 hours afterwards and am unable to fall back asleep for 2 hours after that.
23) I have learned more about makes and models of cars over the past 3 months than I have in my entire lifetime up until now.
24) I really, really like spicy food. Except for wasabi.
25) Fantasy baseball is easily my favorite hobby. (Beats out food and wine, which is actually closer than I am giving it credit for.) I check fantasy baseball websites as much from November - February as I do during the season.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I felt the same ambivalence about Paul Shirley. Is he a condescending ass, or is he someone I would enjoy hanging out with? Or both?

You are never going to get the Browns to the Super Bowl if you don't open up your gameplan a little bit.

Chip said...

Yeah, Shirley is a loser, both arrogant and self-deprecating at the same time. I still like him though.

Next, let's analyze Rorschach...

Shannon said...

it's 3:00 in the afternoon-do you know where your significant other is? unfortunately-i now know where mine will be. i guess everyone else in the blogisphere does too!

---Carrie