Wednesday, January 30, 2008

76-100

76) My favorite food - the finalists would include prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella, or maybe beef wellington, or sushi or something. But it is buffalo wings. Not those boneless buffalo wings, actual hot wings. I could eat them all day. This is where the Prilosec comes in handy.
77) I have been involved in 2 major car wrecks in my life so far, and countless minor fender benders here and there. It happens with icy conditions - I get the occasional love tap, no major damage. My two major car wrecks happened before I was 18, so my kids will not drive before they turn 18 as a result. Yeah it is closed minded, but here we are.
78) I made a resolution this year to record all the new shows and only watch the ones that got good ratings. I failed - I fell in love with Journeyman and it got canceled. Also, we love Carpoolers, believe it or not - it cracks us up to no end, and I hope it lasts. I guess it is better to enjoy a show for a little bit than to not watch it at all.
79) I think when I am older, I will remember the years between 1998-2001 as the good years. In 98, I finished college and took a year off, and Cullen and I hung out all the time and just had a good time. Then I moved up here in 99 and had such a great 2 years in grad school on my own, meeting new people. Plus, Carrie and I started dating, and that fun part of the relationship just starting out is always awesome. Really - we used to set the alarm to wake up by 1 in the afternoon, and I was living off my stipend. Good times.
80) At the same time, I am really happy where I am now. I just worry that we work for the weekend too much.
81) The fact that the Band of Horses is on stage at this very moment in Memphis, TN, while you are all at home in bed just astounds me. It is akin to pouring a nice bottle of wine down the sink - it is right there, people! Be tired the next day! You aren't that old!
82) I have freakishly strong legs. I have no idea how - I think I walk funny or something. I could do jumping jacks in the apartment and the ground wouldn't even shake. And I am a big man - I just walk on the balls of my feet. (There I go, talking about my balls again.)
83) I have never been to an NBA game.
84) The best sporting event I ever attended in person was a Memphis Riverkings game. I think it involved Taylor May, Dynamite Lady, some player named Doug getting in a fight (Cullen - help me out on the last name!), and 60 people tripping over the same step.
85) The place I want to visit most in the world is France. Then Alaska, then New Zealand.
86) Toronto is the farthest I have ever been out of the United States.
87) My earliest memory in life is either preschool at St. Mary's (maybe?) or Mom and Ron getting married or living in that first place on Whitehall (right?). I guess I was around 4 at the time. Which means that maybe what is happening with Connor right now will be his earliest memories, which blows my mind.
88) Grady's was my first job. Plus, when you get down to it, moving up here was an indirect consequence - Michigan first got on my radar because of Bill. Ironically, I rarely ever see him. I need to call him to invite him to the wedding.
89) I own my own bowling ball and bowling shoes.
90) I have voted in 3 Presidential elections. My guy won the first one, but my guy lost in each of the next 2, although that is debatable.
91) I love voting. It is one of the things I take the most pride in. I am all "I love America" on those days, and may have even cried after voting once. Just the fact that we can actually vote and take part while 99 percent of the people in the world can't (I made that number up). Of course, thinking that corporations can illegally change my vote by manipulating the voting machines is enough to actually shake my faith in the whole thing.
92) Up until about a year ago, I thought there was a strong possibility that OJ was actually innocent. I think that if I ever want to get out of jury duty, I will put that on the questionnaire.
93) I have never had a nickname really ever. Random people here and there tried, but nothing ever stuck. There isn't really any effective way to shorten my name - Shan doesn't work. I get called Miller sometimes at work because there is another Shannon.
94) When Carrie and I are watching TV and we see someone we recognize, but we can't remember where from, we have to pause and go look it up. Otherwise, we spend the whole time thinking about it, and we don't pay attention to the show we are watching.
95) I spent exactly one semester at UMichigan in the Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Space Science Engineering program. Then I left to take accounting classes. I would be so much less in debt if it wasn't for these classes. At least I am kinda using the accounting classes.
96) In a conversation at work today about ACT scores, I did mention my GRE scores.
You guys thought I was joking about number 62.
97) I am a king of useless trivia. Carrie wants me to go on Jeopardy really badly.
98) I am also a stat-head. Meaning, I love statistics - I wish I had a better understanding of it all, because it intrigues me. Stats are the best way to defend an argument.
99) Driving makes me more nervous than flying. I would much rather fly to Memphis every time, not just because it takes about 9 hours less.
100) This list was much more difficult than I ever thought. I will think of a dozen things tomorrow, I am sure. But mainly, I want to start working on posting pictures. You know, if we ever take any.

2 comments:

Cullen said...

Ahh, Doug Lawrence and the wonderful mullet. Those were the good ole days. And all your talk about balls and no mention of John Batten?

Stephanie said...

I feel the same way about voting! I don't think they let boys go to St. Mary's.